Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1 more round

There are exactly 2 months left in my time here, and more and more there are references to me coming home, whether it's me and Ruth booking tickets, or it's an e-mail from Darrel about saying goodbye, and reorientation expectations (which even though I am team communicator, I had to get through kyle), and more and more I don't know what to think about going home. On one hand I miss my family and friends, and I can't wait to go to Tyndale next year, but on the other hand, I have made so many good friends since coming here, that I don't want to leave behind.

sometimes I'm just ready to go home, it's so close to the end, and I'm tired, and I'm just ready to quit. During morning prayer this morning, I was really tired, and couldn't concentrate on what we were praying about, and all I could think about was going home. I know this is bad, I still have 2 months here, and I can't afford to check out yet, and then my brain started to sing a Barlowgirl Song (called one more round)

So take me one more round
I'll just keep fighting
One more round
You're messing me up but I'm still here


So I'm here, and I'm not checking out yet even though it would be so easy to. I'll be home soon, and then I'm sure I'm going to miss it here, so here's to pushing through the next two months.

One more round
I'll come out swinging one more round
I'm telling you now I'm not gonna lose it here

No comments:

Post a Comment